SHIT NO ONE TELLS YOU WHEN YOU START TO TUMBLE
- Only the FIRST FIVE tags you use on a NEW POST show up in the tracked tags
- Only the FIRST TWENTY tags on any post on your blog function (i.e click tag #21 and it will say page not found)
- When you’re in your messages, you can click the top right corner of an ask & it will take you to a permalink page. Go to ‘edit’ (top right of page) and reply using the post edit screen (and add tags without an extension)
- Always Reblog, Never Repost
- Tumblr Etiquette: don’t delete the OPs caption, consider it part of the work as a whole.
- Don’t tag your hate. If you don’t like a character or show or whatever, don’t tag your new post with their name/title/whatever in the first five tags. It shows up in the tracked tags. People that track a tag do so normally cause they love a thing. Don’t ruin a thing. No one likes a ruiner.
- Tumblr default reblogs long text posts as links and its a pain in the ass. Who ever wants them as a link. No one, ever. When you’re reblogging a text post, go to the Aa drop down menu in the top right & select ‘reblog as text’.
- When you add a comment to a post, the OP sees it. Just so you know. There’s a whole etiquette on commenting vs tags but it’s your blog do what the fuck you want
Okay, this is getting rEALLY OUT OF HAND REALLY FAST.
You all are freaking ridiculous and need to stop!! I can’t keep up with all of you, throwing follows and notes every which way as if I’m someone who deserves it, because I don’t. I really really don’t.
In all seriousness though, I don’t know what to say. You all are amazing, all 500+ of you. I suppose I sound like a broken record at this point. I honestly never thought I’d gain this much attention, and I still don’t know why I have, but I’m so very grateful to all of you.
Thank you thank you tHANK YOU. ;v; <333
Does my theme work? I just received an ask with a bizarre complaint that my blog isn’t visible on PC, even though I operate on PC and it works in every browser. Is this a problem I should be aware of? .n.
It’s just odd that I’ve had this theme for a couple months now and this is the first issue I’ve heard.
Have you ever noticed that blatantly misogynistic Tumblr blogs tend to look exactly the same
That overwhelming disappointment when a post proven to be fake or taken severely out of context shows back up on your dash
All, we’ve heard from a bunch of you who are concerned about Tumblr censoring NSFW/adult content. While there seems to be a lot of misinformation flying around, most of the confusion seems to stem from our complicated flagging/filtering features. Let me clear up (and fix) a few things:
1. Last year, we added “Safe Mode” which lets you filter out NSFW content from tag and search pages. This is enabled by default for new users and can be toggled in your Dashboard Settings. As some of you have pointed out, disabling Safe Mode still wasn’t allowing search results from all blogs to appear. This has been fixed.
2. Some search terms are blocked (returning no results) in some of our mobile apps. Unfortunately, different app environments have different requirements that we do our best to adhere to. The reason you see innocent tags like #gay being blocked on certain platforms is that they are still frequently returning adult content which our entire app was close to being banned for. The solution is more intelligent filtering which our team is working diligently on. We’ll get there soon. In the meantime, you can browse #lgbtq — which is moderated by our community editors — in all of Tumblr’s mobile apps. You can also see unfiltered search results on tumblr.com using your mobile web browser.
3. Earlier this year, in an effort to discourage some not-so-nice people from using Tumblr as free hosting for spammy commercial porn sites, we started delisting this tiny subset of blogs from search engines like Google. This was never intended to be an opt-in flag, but for some reason could be enabled after checking off
NSFW → Adult in your blog settings. This was confusing and unnecessary, so we’ve dropped the extra option. If your blog contains anything too sexy for the average workplace, simply check “Flag this blog as NSFW" so people in Safe Mode can avoid it. Your blog will still be promoted in third-party search engines.
Aside from these fixes, there haven’t been any recent changes to Tumblr’s treatment of NSFW content, and our view on the topic hasn’t changed. Empowering your creative expression is the most important thing in the world to us. Making sure people aren’t surprised by content they find offensive is also incredibly important and we are always working to put more control in your hands.
Sorry for all of the confusion. If you have any more concerns or suggestions on how we can make these features clearer or more useful, please email us!
Finally, the staff addresses this issue and makes sense out of it. Now watch how few people will reblog this and how many more will keep reblogging that stupid fake tweet from Yahoo!…
this should be the most reblogged post on tumblr before it dies
If this actually happens I swear to god I will personally locate and vomit on all the people responsible.
NO NO NO NO
Are you fucking kidding me
No kids are even interested on tumblr-.-
THIS TWEET IS FAKE. Yahoo! has not come out and said anything official yet regarding the NSFW filters. Please cool your jets, everyone.
A large proportion of Tumblr’s many fandom users reblog adult-rated fanart and fanfic, meaning that they will almost certainly be blocked from tag searches, effectively crippling the way the fan community interacts on Tumblr.
I… just… WHAT!?!?
I can’t even begin to describe what I’m feeling right now. In just a little over five months, I’ve gone from 300 to 400 followers. I don’t know what the heck I did to deserve this kind of attention, but I’m just… UGH I’M SO HAPPY!!
Thank you all so much for your continued love and support. Even those of you who I don’t get to talk to as much (if at all) but still follow me anyway, I love you and I hope we can catch up at some point~ <3
To people who followed me for one specific fandom, I am so so sorry
Friendly reminder that
- Tumblr will remain independent
- Yahoo bought it because Tumblr was getting too expensive
- The only thing changing will be the one’s legally owning Tumblr
- There will remain absolutely no restrictions on gifs/fics/pictures/edits/porn/terms and conditions
- The terms and conditions will remain the same
- Tumblr’s options were to shut Tumblr down or get funds
- ThE lAyOuT iS nOt ChAnGiNg
The only reason I was even remotely concerned about this was the whole “Yahoo! shutting down Tumblr” thing — which, in hindsight, is very unlikely.
Assuming they don’t do that, I couldn’t give two shits who owns Tumblr now. It’ll still be the same website, regardless of change — and let’s face it, no matter how much we love this place, it can seriously benefit from some major additions and fine-tuning. If anything, perhaps now it’ll be run more professionally.
I mean, think about it. If Yahoo! hadn’t come around and bought the domain, Tumblr would go bankrupt and we probably wouldn’t be here in a few months. So it’s either Tumblr (owned by Yahoo!) or no Tumblr at all.
*sigh* Tumblr folk have a real talent for making mountains out of molehills…
SHARE TO SAVE TUMBLR!
- Let’s try and get 100k notes
A review by one of the folks sums it up perfectly:
“What worries me about Yahoo! buying Tumblr is how it would choose to incorporate the website into its email and homepage features. One of the reasons why Tumblr is so unique is because it’s a niche market. By adding more users who don’t fit into this niche, it would make it more difficult for communities to develop within Tumblr, and Tumblr would have to change to accommodate these new users. Tumblr as a website is not the kind that you can sign up for in a day and be on your way. It is a website crafted so that you can immediately post but must spend several weeks, sometimes even months, to build a community. With new users who would not be willing to spend time growing a community, Tumblr would have to be changed, which would alienate its current users. Those users have spent time and effort to make Tumblr what it is today, and they are the ones who spend time on the website daily. A user who is checking onto Tumblr because it’s attached to their homepage is not going to be as strong of a user nor as dedicated. By changing the website to suit this new user, you would lose the strong users while building an undedicated usership.
To any website that would think of buying Tumblr, they must understand that it is a website that cannot be changed to make it more user friendly to a casual blogger. I think that many Tumblr users would be less worried about a buy-out if they were promised that their communities and ways of using Tumblr would not be changed. No one is going to mind Yahoo! buying the website and gaining a few extra million dollars per year from the minimal advertising; what we will be upset with is if a company like Yahoo! then changes the website to increase casual users and decrease dedicated users. Yahoo! would gain nothing by losing this “cool” group of bloggers in an age group they so desperately want to reach, so they must cater to these individuals by leaving the website exactly as is.” - houseoftombombadil
As much as is does sound like a load of bullshit for someone to buy Tumblr, it’s a possibility. I Personally think it should stay independent and I hope David Karp keeps a hold of it like his own child. Or we make enough noise to where such major changes (if bought) will not happen. I would hate to see Tumblr turned into an advertising dump.
We’re not a ‘hip fad group’ to be marketed to. I hate the fact that’s all we look like to businesses in the end.
Ever get that feeling that all of your followers secretly Tumblr Savior all of your posts somehow
Only all the time. :P
no9jazzst replied to your post: no9jazzst replied to your post: chazkuangshi…
This is not actually something I mind terribly.>)
no9jazzst replied to your post: chazkuangshi replied to your post: …Really? Pretty…
Yeah, pretty sure people’ll get used to it. I’ve already done so. XD Until then, though — havoc!>:D
Oh, if I know Tumblr, we’re not even close to finished with the havoc. xD