- Tumblr will remain independent
- Yahoo bought it because Tumblr was getting too expensive
- The only thing changing will be the one’s legally owning Tumblr
- There will remain absolutely no restrictions on gifs/fics/pictures/edits/porn/terms and conditions
- The terms and conditions will remain the same
- Tumblr’s options were to shut Tumblr down or get funds
- ThE lAyOuT iS nOt ChAnGiNg
The only reason I was even remotely concerned about this was the whole “Yahoo! shutting down Tumblr” thing — which, in hindsight, is very unlikely.
Assuming they don’t do that, I couldn’t give two shits who owns Tumblr now. It’ll still be the same website, regardless of change — and let’s face it, no matter how much we love this place, it can seriously benefit from some major additions and fine-tuning. If anything, perhaps now it’ll be run more professionally.
I mean, think about it. If Yahoo! hadn’t come around and bought the domain, Tumblr would go bankrupt and we probably wouldn’t be here in a few months. So it’s either Tumblr (owned by Yahoo!) or no Tumblr at all.
*sigh* Tumblr folk have a real talent for making mountains out of molehills…